Quinoa is loaded with protein, fibre and minerals like magnesium and iron so it’s a real super food. Add in beans and 5 veggies as I’ve done here and you have yourself a bowl of goodness that will supercharge your energy levels and keep you going for hours.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, finely sliced
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 litres vegetable bouillon/stock
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp dried Herbs De Provence
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and carrot and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and vegetable stock. Add the quinoa, bring to a gentle boil, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins further. Season to taste and sprinkle with fresh parsley.