Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
Fancy a healthy treat? Check out my Chocolate Chip Energy Bars which really hit the spot if you’re craving something sweet and need a lil pick me up. Full of protein & fibre so super filling & nutritious too!
Ingredients (makes 10)
2 cups oats
1/3 cup of vanilla protein powder (I use GNC SpiruMeal)
½ tsp cinnamon
2tbsp ground flaxseed
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup honey
¼ cup almond butter
½ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 °C.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, flaxseed & salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine the almond butter, honey, vanilla & almond milk.
- Mix until combined then pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking tray/pan lined with baking paper. Spread the mixture down flat & evenly using the back of a large spoon or your hand.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for approx 20-30 minutes before gently cutting into individual bars.
Elsa Jones is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and author of Bestselling Book ‘Goodbye Sugar’ available in book shops and on Amazon UK.